Sending the tax refunds by e-mail and sending it on paper is just two ways to send a tax return to the IRS. The electronic file is faster, safer and generally cheaper than paper. Sending to the card is usually cheaper and reimbursement takes longer.
Advantages of the electronic file
The electronic filing of a tax return with the IRS is faster, cheaper and safer than on paper. But to send your e-mail, you must process the tax return from the tax editor, prepare it yourself using tax software or use one of the “Free File” web software.
The biggest advantage of e-filing: you will receive confirmation that the IRS has received the tax return. This is proof that the IRS received the tax return and started to process it. If the IRS does not accept the tax return, you will receive a rejection notice. A confirmation or rejection notification is sent within 24 hours of the return transfer. The rejection letter of the IRS electronic file will tell you how to restore your tax return so that it is acceptable to the IRS.
Faster and more precise
The electronic feed also has additional benefits. Probably your refund will be processed faster. Electronic registration means that the IRS does not need to re-enter the tax return at its service center, which means less chance that the IRS will make a mistake when processing the return. Learn more.
Limits of the electronic file
Not electronically for everyone. It is necessary to archive on paper if:
- Married, but presented a separate statement, and you live in state ownership
- Declare an employee who has already been declared by someone else
- Submit a tax form that can not be stored electronically (for example, different support contracts)
- Deposit before the start of the electronic file (January 15th) or after the end of the electronic file (October 15th)
Paper deposit is the best option for you if you have a simple tax return or if you do not have the right to register electronically.
Since the IRS reviews every document returned, it seriously considers electronic filing if you have a more complex tax return.
Short tips on feeding the paper
- Make sure your name and social security number are on every page, front and back.
- Double control of mathematics. Mistakes in mathematics are the main reason why the IRS corrects the tax return.
- Send your tax return to the correct service center.
- Get an automatic extension if you send your return by April 15th. This will avoid penalties only if the mail is late.
Send your tax payment with your tax refunds. If you send the refund by April 15, make the payment of the tax by paying online, with a credit card or by sending a check with an automatic extension form. Make sure your payment reaches the IRS before April 15th, to avoid any penalties. Click here for more information: https://www.taxreturn247.com.au/how-it-works